6 oz Gimme Lean Vegetarian Ground "Beef"
1/2 cup Uncooked Couscous
4 Tomatoes, the size of golf balls
4 Bell Peppers
Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herbs Seasonings
3 Small Heads of Garlic (optional)
1. Spray the inside of your crock pot.
2. Prepare the couscous with water according to package instructions. Add to mixing bowl wtih vegetarian protein.
3. Dice the Zucchini and Tomatoes, add to bowl with vegetarian protein and couscous. Add ingredients Garlic Salt through Pepper to taste. Blend all of the ingredients. I choose to do thise by hand tho insure full blending.
4. Slice the caps off the Bell Peppers to make bowls. Clean insides of peppers from ribs and seeds. Place bell peppers into slow cooker and make sure they are standing. I used foil on the sides to help support them since my crock pot has a larger base.
5. Divide mix into four parts and stuff into pepper bowls. You can replace the tops of the bowls if you choose for added flavor infusion.
6. Slice the tops off the garlic heads. Place on top of foil, or alongside peppers on an elevated place inside the slow cooker. This will allow the garlic to infuse the peppers while essentially roasting the garlic as well for future use.
7. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours. These can be frozen and reheated for future meals.
I get asked by readers if I am being paid to push products. The simple answer is no. In fact, most of the products I write about are ones I have found and purchased during my trips to the grocery store or on the road. Occasionally, a company will send a sample my way and if I believe the product will serve a need for my readers and I would buy the product myself, then I will share it with you. Sometimes I will write to a company after reading about it, if I believe it will help us lead healthier lifestyles. But even then, if the product doesn't pass my scrutiny, it won't make the screen of Uncovering Food. You can trust that every product or recipe posted here has passed through my lips, and that I wouldn't blog about it if it wasn't worthy of you... my favorite readers.